Home > General > An adventurous day.

An adventurous day.

Yesterday, I had decided that I would go to my apartment to make sure all was well. I could not connect to my VPN, so I knew something was up, it was just a case of finding out whether it was electrical or internetal. So, I was up earlyish, and had my normal breakfast, and then Dad took me to the apartment at around 10:45am.

Once at the building, I had the task of sticking it up 3 flights of stairs. The steps are not very high, and they are wider than normal, however, that means that there seems to be more steps than normal to go up one floor. I finally got to the top floor, and into my apartment. It was quite strange really, as I have not been there for almost exactly 4 months. Everything was as I had left it, apart from the table, which Mum / Dad had taken post from etc. I said to Dad that I was ok for an hour, so he could get the car back to Mum so she could go to Sainsburys.

I looked at the PC, and it was running, but was not connected to the internet. It was connected to the router, and when I looked at the front of the router, the DSL light was out, and not flashing. I thought then that it was the phone line, but, I had checked that with my ISP yesterday, and the automated report said that the line was fine, and the exchange was working normally. So, I did the usual IT trick of turning the router off, and then back on again. Sure enough, that worked, and the internet was up and running. I was relaxing quite well, and texted Mum to say that I did not need picking up until 4pm. She asked if I needed anything, and I said that I could have water at the apartment, and I did not need any food.

I updated a few things. Downloaded a few things, (I have an 8mb line at the apartment, and it is only a 4mb line at Mum and Dad’s). Relaxed on the sofa, surfing the internet, and generally being independant. I then heard the door being unlocked, and my initial thought was that it was Dad coming back to get me, however, it wasn’t Dad at all. It was the Estate Agent, and she had come to show some people round. I must have surprised her by being there, as she was quite taken aback. She asked me how I was, and I must be getting a bit better as I had got up the stairs. I said that I still had to get down them. The landlord has put the apartment up for sale since I said that I did not require it any more, and it is up for £125,000 Lease Hold. I looked at the plan on the internet, and it is 45m2. I do not know if this is a good or bad price though.

Gina called me to say they were going to the field, and would come back after 4:00pm. I said that there was no rush, and to let me know when they were leaving the field. I would then start to stick it back to the house. More relaxing was done, and just after 4:30pm, Gina called to say they were on their way.

I had packed up my things, and so I left the apartment, and made my way down the stairs. Eventually, I made it to the bottom, and already my hands were a bit sore. I sticked it through the complex to get to Cape Road, and the final part of it is quite steep. It felt like climbing a mountain! Once at the top, Mum and Dad’s house is almost in sight, so I started on my way. I thought I saw the Rav at their house, but it was driving away. It turns out, they had dropped Mum off, and they stopped to pick me up. I could have made it to the house, but I was rather glad that I did not have to.

We pulled up outside the garage, and there were the outdoor table and chairs arranged ready. So we sat down, and I had a Guiness (medicinal), and a bag of CnO crisps. We had some food as well, some pasta, and then cheese, salad, bread and some meats. A general mix of summer foods. Then the Trivial Pursuit was brought out. Dad decided that he did not want to be on the same team as Danny and I, based on our performance at the Kozi Bar quiz, so the teams were Dad, Gina and Hugh versus Danny, Mum and I. We do not play the full game, but roll a dice for the question, and mark the scores on a crib board. It tends to be a quicker game, with more questions being asked. My team won by a decent margin…

I then had to face more stairs to go upstairs to the lounge. I sat down, and a programme was starting called “Three Men in a Boat”. It was a BBC programme based on a book called, strangely enough, “Three Men in a Boat” written by Jerome K. Jerome. There were 2 episodes of an hour each, so it did not finish until 11:00pm. I sticked my way upstairs, and got my laptop out to write this. However, the internet was not working. I shouted to Mum to unplug the router, and she did so, but it still was not working. Desperate to get my blog done, I started on my way downstairs, when Mum said she had unplugged my wireless access point. I cannot turn around on stairs, so I had to go all the way down, by which time, Mum had unplugged their router. Once upstairs again, I checked and all was well. Strange to have the same problem here that I had at the apartment. I shall sleep well tonight. I have done more sticking today than any other day, plus more stairs than I would like to count!

Categories: General Tags: , , , , , ,
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.